Saturday, September 6, 2008

Technology:

Today I balanced my check book using a calculator, (oh dear, surely those figures can't be right!)... but no the calculator is right.........Great technology.
I texted and received messages back and forth from hubbie who is away......surely one phone call would have been a more efficient means of communicating. Great Technology for a short sharp message, but not so good for detail!!!
I went searching the net.....epicurian.com and foodlovers.com for inspiration for dinner.....would still be there now if children weren't desperately hungry and not at all interested in the culinary delights that I found online. Now thats a technological advance that I can live with......google and all that information at my finger tips
Checked my emails. Not so thrilled to find I had a heap of spam, but do enjoy hearing from friends who are near and far.
I am now going to turn my cell phone off, disconnect the computer, turn all appliances off except for the XBOX (which I use to play CD's on), and give thanks for the fact that I control the technology in my life and not the other way round.

2 comments:

Howie-nz said...

You're so right - technology is all about choice.

Aunty of 3 said...

Great post. I enjoyed reading your thoughts...