Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Library Thing

I really enjoyed doing this exercise. I am an avid book reader and belong to a book discussion group and quite often find myself remembering a book and not quite remembering the full title or author, and lamenting the fact that I don't have all the books I have read recorded in one easy to find place. ( Recording in the back of old diaries and on scraps of paper is not a very efficient way of keeping track of all those volumes!)
I found Library Thing such an easy way of recording books. So simple to just search for a title, click on it and have it go into "Your Library". It was simple to add tags, either at time of title search or once title is added to your library. The bonus of this site is that there are plenty of reviews and recommendations and shared social data. I am sure that this online tool would be very beneficial for readers advisory and for getting ideas for the next great read.

http://www.librarything.com/home/aliceminwonderland

1 comment:

Bill said...

Congratulations Alice, you obviously enjoyed this Exercise, as did I. It is one of my favourites and one that I still make use of. You are doing well and should complete the Training Session at this rate. I do admire your spirit of dogged determination. Just remember that you are getting to the stage where it is a downhill run to the finish and you will be more than worthy of your reward.